Thursday 16 February 2012

Setting up a schedule

Over at Dominique's Desk I've been experimenting with a few different things.
  1. Advertising
    I've put up some advertising slots on my sidebar and am reaching out to advertisers/sponsors. Hopefully everything will be running smoothly and recurrent income generated from it from March.
  2. Guest postingI'm doing more guest posting on other sites and have accepted guest post on my blog. It has helped increase traffic tremendously and has reduced my ALEXA score tremendously.. now I'm hoping that in the long run it will increase my PR ranking too and bring in some long term clients. I'm averaging doing 3 guest post a month and have 3 guest post on my blog a month.
     
  3. Sponsored reviews
    Jan has been good with a couple of reviews done for various companies. I've dropped all companies which have required do-follow links so Opps were not as many in Feb. Hope in days to come there will be more opps for me and add to my DSLR funding.

6 comments:

Icy BC said...

To tell you the honest truth, I don't like visit sites with guest post. I prefer to read the owner's writing since after all, that was the reason I followed his/her in the first place.

Good luck with your goals on Alexa and ranking..

Dominique Goh said...

@Icy BC,
I write a lot too on my site Dominique's Desk. There are only 2-3 guest post on the site per month as I feel that it's good to have a different voice for the blog with different ideas to spice it up.

Mrs. Settles said...

I too think it is a good idea to get someone else's outlook that stays within the "theme" of your blog. It is also a good way to increase traffic, since their followers will likely come to your blog to read what they wrote.

Thanks for stopping by Spirit, Mind and Body.

Blessings,
Marcia

Unknown said...

Dominique, this is great to see! Have you looked at my new site, Club-Content with Christina of Spilled Milkshake? We are working together as a team to improve our blog(s), and working towards making money. It might be something for you?
Courtney:)

R C said...

@Courtney,
I have heard about club content and at present am heading a similar group to market our blogs to local advertisers. Thanks for the offer.

Esther Joy said...

Very interesting!

Post a Comment