Tuesday 27 September 2016

You are Forgiven- Sept Bible Studies- Week 5- Day 2


Scripture

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?”
22 Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times

Observation
Jesus asks us to forgive others even though it may not be easy for us to do so. I know I still struggle at this especially when the other person deliberately causes harm to me and the kids over and over again.

Application
Do not bear grudges with others. It does no good to use to keep all the pent up anger or other negative feelings within you. It will only eat at you and make you very bitter.  It is not easy to forgive a person but it is necessary especially when you need to close a chapter and move on. 

Prayer
Dear Lord,
Help me forgive those that don't deserve to be forgiven. Give me the solace that I seek.

AMEN.


0 comments:

Post a Comment