Friday 2 September 2016

You are forgiven- September Bible Studies- Week 1- Day 5

Scripture

romans 7:18

18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[a] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 

Observation
Without GOD's intervention and help it is nearly impossible for us to do GOOD even though it is what we desire. 

Application
Lean on the LORD to guide you and show you how possible it is for you to take action and do good. It is not enough just to have intention without doing anything. If you do nothing your sinful nature will emerge and take over the desire to do GOOD.

Prayer
Dear LORD,
I seek your help to keep my sinful nature diminished so that I am able to focus on what is GOOD.  I know that I may fail at times but I'm determined to minimize the number of times and focus on doing more GOOD.
Amen. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment